Friday, October 28, 2011

Scrapbooking Fun!

I turned to my sweet little great niece, Brooklynn, for some scrapbooking layouts. I'm getting ready for a "Stop-n-Shop" event near my hometown on deer hunting opener and wanted to show the different paper options that CTMH has to offer as well as the fun things our Cricut cartridge can do! This first lay-out features Mischief B&T paper, black, autumn terracotta & colonial white cardstock. The pumpkin was created by making 3" ovals with the CTMH AP (Art Philosophy) cartridge and then sponging the edges as I overlapped the front oval over the back 2 ovals. I added the leaves and flourishes by using the AP cartridge as well. I hand-cut the pumpkin stem. The banners on the left side of the page were cut at 1 1/4" with the Cricut as well. I used our Pennant Alphabet stamp set for the lettering.
Since I only have sons I knew I had to pull in some girl photos for this lay-out. Once again Brooklynn was a perfect candidate! She had her 1st birthday party at our home and we had about 50 people in attendance....it was a REALLY well-attended party! This lay-out uses a colonial white cardstock base and Roxie B&T paper on the sides. The stamp set "Instant Memories" (C1466 $13.95) was used. This is a really fun set! The largest flower was cut at 5" and the smaller two were cut at 3". The leaves were cut with the Cricut and then I scored them so they looked more realistic. The lettering was cut using the AP cartridge and my Cricut as well as the number "1" and the geometric shape. I used black re-inker in a dish and the stubble tool in our Texture Tool kit (Z1298 $9.95) to add a grunge look to the edges. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

01 09 10