Thursday, November 3, 2011

Seasonal Cards

Thanksgiving is coming soon and I like the simple pumpkin design of the set "So Grateful" (B1395 $9.95). I used a colonial white cardstock base with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of olive cardstock run through the Big Shot with a Sizzix embossing folder from SU, dark brown cardstock and another piece of colonial white paper for stamping the background of stems and leaf. The I stamped the pumpkin image on a separate sheet of colonial white cardstock and cut it out, mounting it with 3-D foam tape. I added a gingham ribbon attached by brown brads, Autumn Terracotta, olive & chocolate ink and you're done!
This Christmas card is featured in the catalog on page 76. I cut the base at 5 1/2" with the Cricut out of colonial white cardstock. I added a liner for the inside out of olive cardstock, then chocolate cardstock with one spot sanded to reveal the white core of the cardstock & a 1/2" strip of cranberry cardstock. The holly leaves were cut out of olive cardstock using the AP Cricut cartridge and stamped with the set "A Holiday" (A1115 $6.95) along with the berries. I used the set "Holiday Cheer" (B1381 $9.95) for the sentiment and stamped this with cranberry ink on a Cricut cut shape (this makes it SO simple!) There's one small sparkle added and a gingham ribbon. Very fun card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10