Thursday, December 29, 2011

Inspired by Jeanette

This card was reproduced from an entry on Jeanette Lynton's blog and I just love how this card was created to look like a poinsetta! The colors and sanding are just beautiful!
I used Juniper, Desert Sand and Hollyhock cardstock & inks with a white cs base. The Typeset B&T paper was used for the strip of Juniper color and the bottom portion was created with colonial white c.s. and a stamp from the April "You Are..." SOTM that will be available in 2012! The new catalog has wonderful Stamp of the Month sets and I'm so excited for you to see them all!
The "Snowflakes" (D1480 $17.95) stamp set was used to create the poinsetta. I cut the largest snowflake at 3 1/2", the middle layer at 3 1/4" and the smallest snowflake was cut at 1 3/4" and then stamped with Hollyhock ink. I placed 6 Pearl Opaque Adhesive Gems (Z1336 $2.95 for 108 opaques) for the center and cut the leaves at 2 1/2" on the Cricut using juniper cardstock. I scored the leaves in the center and then sanded the center score line and the edges. The snowflake layers were also sanded on the edges to reveal the white core. I used cream-colored crochet thread (from Walmart) for the ribbon and wrapped it around 5 times. The sentiment is from "Say It In Style" (D1283 $17.95) I stamped the bottom with Desert Sand ink and sponged the whole piece to darken up the colonial white c.s. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

01 09 10