Friday, January 6, 2012

Celebrating 1 year!

Today is my 1 year anniversary as a Close To My Heart Consultant! That year went SO fast! I love this company and look forward to many more years of stamping with CTMH and getting back into the scrapbooking arena (I've really been slacking:-)

I'm on a pink/black kick...not sure if it's this unseasonably mild MN weather or what?? Typically in MN we'd be having -20 degrees and lots of snow on the ground but this year we've broken all the record books with 50+ degrees yesterday and 42 degrees today....it's just weird! Well, enough about the weather, on to my cards for today. I'm using up some retired paper called "Sweetheart" with white, black and hollyhock cardstock. I'm adoring the upcoming February SOTM so I've chosen that set again for my sentiments. The set is SO fun!

This first card has 3 flowers cut using the Cricut. I layered 2 flowers together and added a black brad for the center. The edges are sanded by holding the flower in your hand and swiping down on the outer edges with an emery board (CTMH Sanding Kit Z1294 $3.50). It works well doing it this way so you just get the edges. The leaves were cut at 1 1/2" with the Cricut as well. I added the scalloped border by removing the outside edge from my CTMH corner rounder (Z578 $7.95).The black cardstock was run through the Big Shot® with the swiss dots embossing folder. The ribbon is black and white grosgrain from Hobby Lobby.
Here's the inside sentiment, also from the February Stamp of the Month "Thoughtful Tidings" (S1202 $17.95 or $5 with a $50 order available in February 2012 only).
The next 2 cards use the Sweetheart B&T paper from CTMH along with the February SOTM and some black grosgrain ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10