Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Born To Ride

I am thrilled that the new CTMH catalog features many terrific stamp sets for the men in our lives. This stamp set is called "Born To Ride". It is a motorcyle-themed stamp set and has tons of potential for really fun cards! The base of this card measures 5" x 6 1/2" and is made from white cardstock. The black cardstock was embossed with a diamond shaped texture plate and I used B & T paper called "Cruisin". The sentiment shape was cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I embossed the motorcycle by stamping the image in Black ink first, then re stamped with a Versamark pad and used clear embossing powder. I masked the motorcycle and did 2nd and 3rd generation stamping. I used Silver Glitz Glitter Gel on the circles with stars and additionally on the upper right corner. Twilight cardstock was used above and below the image and also embossed with the Big Shot. That piece of cardstock was cut from the Cricut at 1 1/4" and then I cut that in half to mount above and below the image.

This next card uses the same stamp set but it's on a black cardstock base with colonial white and cranberry cardstock. The motorcycle image was embossed and the shapes were cut using the AP Cartridge. I used crochet thread and wrapped it around 5 times and then taped the back to hold it and tied it tight to create a center to place the sentiment over. The stars were cut at 2 1/2" and then embossed in the Big Shot. These 2 cards are 2 of 3 cards being offered as a workshop in a couple of weeks. I will be hosting a workshop focused on masculine cards. I'm excited to see if there's interest. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10