Friday, March 30, 2012

Mother's Day Card

I'm getting an early start on making Mother's Day cards this year. I saw a card on a foreign blog that I really liked and added it to my Pinterest board. My replication of the card isn't nearly as elaborate as hers, but the inside is similar. I just looked back at her blog and her cards are amazing! Check her out.
My card base is colonial white. I used 2 pieces cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" for the front and back of the card. The inside portion is a 5" x 12" piece scored at 3", 6" and 9".
I then layered a piece of green cardstock for the front (not sure what color or who made it) but it was embossed with the Big Shot using a butterfly pattern. Then I added CTMH "Blush" c.s. butterflies cut using an SU Embosslit die. The sentiment was cut freehand and stamped with the set Say It In Style, then sewed on. I also added a small cream, sheer bow.

The inside was layered with CTMH "blush" cardstock that was embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I used the AP Cricut cartridge for the leaf branches and flowers and also the hearts and sentiment shape. This sheet of cardstock is taped onto the front and back just around the edges so you have pockets for money or bookmarks or personal notes. I found the long sentiment online and printed it off my computer.
The back cover has a slot for a bookmark that I made using the shape of a tag from the Art Philosophy cartridge. It measures 2" x 4 1/4" and I added a sheer bow and used a verse from Verve stamps and the butterfly is from the CTMH set Delight.
I thought this verse from Jeremiah 33:3 was a perfect bookmark verse!

This card can be dressed up or down as much as you like and you can use all sorts of embellishments. Try creating one and then let me know how it turns out. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

01 09 10