Thursday, December 13, 2012

Goodies!!!

I think I've gone on a butter overload cooking spree today....yikes! I love to do Christmas goodie cooking and baking and today I did quite a few tasty treats!
This first one is one of my favorites, vanilla caramel...yum! What's not to love about butter, cream and sugar, right?!
I love Peanut Kiss cookies and they are one of my husband's favorites. I'm so thankful for my convection oven because baking 3 pans at a time makes this process go SO quickly!
This recipe is a new one for this year and if you like chocolate and peppermint, then it's truly a recipe for you to try. Start with 3 ingredients: 1 bag of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips and 1 bag of white morsels along with 2 boxes of candy canes (I used the .98 box from Wal-Mart). Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 60 seconds, stir and repeat. It will be melted now and you spread the melted chocolate on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and then melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave just like the others. Once melted, add 1 cup of crushed candy cane pieces and save the rest of the crushed pieces for sprinkling over the top. When the chocolate layer is cold, then spread the white chocolate layer over it and sprinkle with the candy canes. Place back in the refrigerator and once it's hardened you can take it out and break it into bite-size (or larger) chunks. They taste great and work wonderful in small gift bags!
I made 2 batches of this yummy treat! It's called Fantasy Fudge and this is how you make it:

What You Need
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup) (Do not use sweetened condensed milk.)
12 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
Make It

LINE 9-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3-qt. saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

ADD chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until melted. Add nuts and vanilla; mix well.

POUR into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom of pan. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into squares.

So I'm not creating any fun cards or pages but I am making gifts for friends and neighbors. Let me know what you're cooking up this Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10