Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring-time Sympathy

Spring usually means "new life; a fresh start" but every year, sadly, we have a death in the family it seems. I made this card for the sad occasion:
It has a black cardstock base with paper from the Lost & Found 2 "Sunshine" collection. I love the warm, muted tones that match well with CTMH "honey" ink:

The sympathy verse is from a Verve stamp set, the flower and leaves is from the retired CTMH "Trellis" (D1451) set. This is one of my favorite stamp sets of all time. The flower and 2 step-stamping approach is so pretty! I love the details of the butterfly as well. I used black and honey ink from CTMH.



The inside verse is also from the Plain Jane series at Verve Stamps. I used a scalloped Nestabilities for the scallop circle and a 1 3/4" circle punch for the sentiment. The ribbon is a golden sheer-type attached with a glue dot.


Thanks for stopping by! I'm praying we get more spring-like weather here. This cold has got to go!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10