Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gift Card Pocket Card for Valentine's Day

Happy Saturday! This card features a gift card pocket. The black cardstock base is cut at 5 1/2" x 12" and scored at 4 1/4", 6" and then rotated 180 degrees and scored again at 4 1/4" to create the gift card pocket. The paper I chose is grey wool from CTMH and B&T "Love Me" from My Mind's Eye. The hearts & pennants were cut using the Cricut. I did some sewing on the inside of the card called "over-sewing". I added some lace and embossed the gray paper using my Big Shot and an embossing folder from Quickkutz.
The 6" score line should be folded in toward the center and the 4 1/4" score lines will be folded to create a sandwich. Tape just the edge of the pocketed area and using a 1/2" punch half-way into the pocket you've just created, make a punch in the center and then I used a square punch (just the lip of it) to create openings on both side of the 1/2" mark. This probably doesn't make sense but hopefully the photo will help. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10