Friday, May 11, 2012

College Graduation

We're so proud of our oldest son, Caleb. He graduated from NDSCS today with his diesel technology degree and he'll be continuing on for a 4-year degree starting this summer so he's not done yet but he's one step closer!
His proud parents:
One of my absolute favorite things about stamping my own cards is the ability to personalize each card. I made his graduation card using the Varsity Alphabet set from Close To My Heart (which is soon becoming my most used set right now:-) I used Cranberry, Black and White cardstock and made this card to fit into a legal size envelope. Since the college's name is the "Wildcats" I needed the extra width. I also used the "Blue Ribbon" stamp set for the pennants and a tree bark-type embossing folder for the cranberry background. I cut the graduation cap using a 2" square punch and then added the handmade tassel to the center, holding it in place with a brad. If you want instructions on making the tassel just leave a comment and I can explain it (or try!)
Side view:
Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend to all you moms out there! I will be loading a moving truck this weekend to move my parents to our city so it will be a working weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10