Thursday, August 9, 2012

Simple as Pie!

The new "Artiste" cartridge is getting quite a work-out at my house. This is one of the many 3-D projects that can be created with this cartridge. I used desert sand and bamboo cardstock. The shape was cut at 6" (which is recommended in the Artiste guidebook). The sides of the pie box were stamped with desert sand ink and I used the NEW stamp set Jardin. The flower was created using the NEW stamp set Love Blooms.
I stamped the flower outline with cocoa ink and then stamped the color with smokey plum. The leaves were stamped with olive ink.
The ribbon is a sheer, wide olive-colored ribbon that I attached with several glue dots so I could create the loops and have them stay in place! The flower was layered by stamping the image 3 times and then hand-cutting it out by varying the sizes. Then I sprinkled glitter on the flower for fun. I added bitty sparkles on the top of the box and the sides have several larger sparkles for extra bling!
I used the Artiste cartridge to cut my doily-shaped image beneath the ribbon and flower. The tag was cut with this cartridge as well. The "celebrate" sentiment is from the set "American Celebration." This is going to be a special gift for my parent's friend's who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a few months ago, but the party is next weekend. Contact me if you'd like to purchase this cartridge or any other CTMH product or visit me here.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10